Sunday, February 15, 2015

Take some time....

It is quite some time since I felt in love with scrapbooking, cardmaking... the heaviest thing was to gather all the items needed : die-cut machine, dies, stamps, colors , embellishments... slowly, oh so slowly. 
As any beginner I was enthralled by all the freebies that I found : digipapers, layouts, digistamps, tutorials for diy embellishments and all others....
Time passes and I began to sort all those freebies... some that I cherished, some that I deleted. As my preferences diversified, my style did too... From CAS ( clean and simple ) I slipped slowly but confidently to mixed-media techniques. Other items needed, of course ;) . Gesso, embossing paste, stencils, inks and so on ... 
With each and every one piece ( card or page layout ) I made I feel that I'm at home... nothing can stop my imagination, I'm happy playing with all those mediums .


 The sentiment is a free digital one ( ADS_Cherished_WordArt1 from digichick ) .
I like to get regular news from Free Digital Minikit or from Granny Enchanted or from Pixel Scrapper ... and there are much much more with online free goodies  ....
For the beginning , the base was painted in one layer of gesso , for taking out that absorbance of paper , then stenciled with modelling paste . Afterwards, the play starts. I choose to match the warm yellow with a deep leaves green . I think they make a wonderful match. Supporting each other and letting out the beauty of each. Real friends. As in life ;).

Elements were added one by one along the story : flowers, die-cuts, a frame, air-dried embellishing elements, pearls, beads . The brush loaded with gesso starts again allover here and there,  and some inks splattered on .


The added sentiment is fully appreciated these days... by me. Should I say by you, too ? ;)

I enter this piece into : 

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stilul mixed-media ti se potriveste cel mai bine DD,iti lasa imaginatia sa zburde,drumul iti este liber sa folosesti diverse texturi,sa tai,sa lipesti,sa adaugi,sa inovezi(dopurile de pluta in lucrari mi se par extrem de originale ),nu te ingradeste acest stil niciun pic...si asta te reprezinta..personalitatea ta visatoare si libera,cu imaginatie bogata si idei inedite...asa esti tu DD,de aceea cred eu ca iti place atat de mult tehnica asta..pentru ca se pliaza pe personalitatea ta,pe felul tau de a fi...iti ofera libertate in creatie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at The VCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arata superb!!!! Eu nu am curaj inca sa ma aventurez in zona mixed-media. Poate intr-o zi.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O primavara frumoasa si multa veselie sa fie in jurul tau...

    "Șiruri negre de cocoare
    , Ploi călduțe și ușoare,
    Fir de ghiocel plăpând,
    Cântec îngânat în gând,
    Sărbătoare…
    Zumzet viu prin zarzări.
    Oare Cântă florile la soare?
    Că pe crengi de floare pline
    Nu știi: flori sunt, ori albine?
    Pentru cine?…
    Pentru tine, primăvară,
    Care-aduci belșug în țară,
    Care vii,
    Peste câmpii,
    Cu bănuți de păpădii
    Și cu cântec de copii!"


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...